Hughes Properties has been providing property management services for over 25 years in the North Alabama area.
As the property management company, Hughes Properties is responsible for the day to day operations of your non-profit organization.
Some of the duties performed by Hughes Properties include…
- Working with realtors, banks, and builders to verify the status of assessments for resale & foreclosures
- Work with property managers of rental properties to ensure renters abide by the Covenants
- Receive, record, and deposit assessments for new homeowners/closings
- Invoice and process payments of assessment as defined by the Covenants of the community
- Input monthly late fees and send statements for all delinquent accounts.
- Work with attorney to file liens for homes that are seriously delinquent (as directed by the Board)
- Coordinate monthly payments to applicable parties
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Maintain records in preparation for annual tax filing
- Provide monthly reports to the Board via email
- Tour(s) done dependant on availability, recording covenant violations
- Provide a report to the Board on a monthly basis, to include violations noted, ARC forms submitted, monthly budget report and Hughes Properties recap.
- Maintain the Clubhouse rental calendar and collect appropriate paperwork and fees. Hughes does not complete the pre or post walk thru of the facility.
- Maintain the keycard system for amenities including new cards, deactivating homeowners leaving the community, and deactivating homeowners not in good standing with the HOA. Hughes will only be able to offer this service as long as the system used is already in use by our office.
- Prepare and mail notices of violation
- Attend the Annual Board meeting, as availability allows
- Work with the Architectural Control Committee on submissions – Hughes Logs the applications in and forwards to the ARC for review. ARC to provide the letter approval/disapproval for the owner. Hughes will send the resident the letter and log the date of approval/disapproval. ARC communicates with the residents.
- Mail letters and notices to the community as prepared and directed by the Board
- Verify and address owner concerns/complaints as they pertain to the covenants – neighbor to neighbor issues are not addressed.
- Work with owners to relay issues or conflicts to the Board as they pertain to the covenants
- Provide vendor names to bid for repair work and/or maintenance, as needed
- Notary Services provided for a small fee
- Hughes does NOT maintain any social media, website, facebook, social directory or master email list
Hughes Properties works under the DIRECTION AND SUPERVISION of the Board of Directors to provide the above services needed for your community. No decision is made without specific instructions and input from the Board.